Perspectives on the Land
There are many reasons to support good land use policy and showcase examples throughout the nation that we rely on here in Monterey County. This page focuses on a suite of perspectives on land use, written by different people.
- PRESERVING AGRICULTURAL LAND IN THE MONTEREY BAY AREA: WHO'S DOING WHAT AND HOW YOU CAN HELP
by Nicki McMahan
- Too High or Too Low
by Barny Brantingham of the Santa Barbara Coastline Newspaper
- Overview And Accomplishments of The Oregon And Metro Portland Planning Programs
Prepared by Robert Liberty, Director, 1000 Friends of Oregon
- The Next 25 Years
Remarks By Robert Liberty
- Beyond Sprawl: New Patterns of Growth to Fit the New California
by Bank America
- Takings: Legislation Versus the Judeo-Christian Land Ethic
by Ann Alexander, Fred Clark, Fred Krueger, and Stan LeQuire
- The Moral Foundations of Metropolitan Regional Planning
by Robert Liberty
- A Biblical Perspective on Land Stewardship
by Eugene Loh, Ph.D.
- Bug In A Bottle
A little “parable" by Peter Scott
- Quotes on the Land
In this section we present brief quotations that can help us reflect upon our relationship with the land.